Position Title: Sales Representative
Reports to: General Manager
Position Summary: Leads efforts to develop new customer relationships and retain existing customers, grow sales of primary ready-mix products as well as value added products and available aggregates and new applications, investigate and/or provide technical information and assistance to improve customers’ existing processes and production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strives to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction consistent with strategic objectives
- Develops extensive working relationships with customers, as well as other departments, such as dispatch, quality control and production, in order to ensure customer needs are addressed
- Develops individual strategic plans for account development and the benchmarking to key indicators (Volume, price, efficiency) that will be used as a guide to achieve company sales objectives.
- Meet or exceed company Safety Standards and act as a role model and mentor for co-workers at plant and project sites.
- Prepares and handles applicable activities associated with contract administration
- Provides on-going office support related to the sales effort including accurate project specifications and collections
- Serves as immediate interface for customer problem resolution
- Facilitates the expansion of sales to existing customers and the development of sales to new customers
- Supports a geographic territory and gathers information on area growth and construction activity that will enable CRMP to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Gathers pertinent information on competition in geographic territory in order to make informed decisions in preparing bid packages and strategic initiatives
- May implement new technology/products and/or act as technical adviser
- Make individual sales calls to existing customers and arrange job site coordination
- Maintains excellent customer communications regarding timely deliveries, compliment/complaints, accurate orders, and job-site preparation
- College degree in sales/marketing, general business or related discipline or equivalent business experience preferred
- Previous sales experience in concrete/aggregate or similar industrial construction field highly desirable.
- Superior sales competence with strong persuasive abilities
- Computer/PC package expertise